Unit V Article Critique Open
- Weight: 10% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
Review the following article located in the CSU Online Library by clicking on the link below.
Kurtz, R. S. (2013). Oil spill causation and the Deepwater Horizon spill. Review of Policy Research, 30(4), 366-380. Retrieved from https://libraryresources.columbiasouthern.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=88939672&site=ehost-live&scope=site
Conduct a thorough, critical analysis of the article and its points. Support your analysis with critical thinking that clearly demonstrates an informed and substantiated opinion. Your critique should address, at a minimum, the following points.
- Briefly summarize the article’s position on the causation of the spill.
- What role did policy and legalities play in the disaster?
- Does OPA 90 effectively ensure the industry’s adherence to best safety practices?
- How can the human factor be mitigated in disasters such as the Deepwater Horizon spill?
Your article critique must be a minimum of three pages, not including the title or reference pages. In addition to the article above, you must use a minimum of two additional sources as evidence to support your analysis. All sources used should be cited; your article critique and all references should be formatted in APA style.
Needs to be original, no plagiarism please!!